About Us - Fine Italian Stationery and Gifts
At FlorentineShop, we believe it is possible to offer a superior product, combining the attributes of quality and style with an accessible price tag. Although, it is next to impossible to compete with the tidal wave of "Made in China" which has hit the U.S. full-force, we do believe that we can offer a beautiful and welcome alternative "Made in Italy" which will not fail to appeal to a more discriminating clientele.
So what does "Made in Italy" mean? To us, it means style and color, tradition and cutting edge design. Our line includes:
- Kartos of Montecatini, producers of classic Florentine stationery;
- Istituto Fotocromo - vintage and classical art calendars, postcards, decorative wrap, art prints;
- San Lorenzo Design, an avant-guard Italian company specializing in colorful bags and desktop accessories made of regenerated leather;
- Venetian glass handmade on Murano island, millefiori technique and gold or silver foil infused in the glass;
- Bortoletti writing instruments, a top-of-the-line offering of hand-crafted desktop accessories; and
- Franciscan Shop, a vast array of hand-crafted religious items with an emphasis on Assisi and the surrounding area.
Looking to the future, we are eager to widen our product base by seeking out Italian artisans who make products of finest quality and design.
In a market increasingly glutted with mass-produced "stuff," we are true to our roots. We demand style, quality, utility and affordability. We hope it's contagious!
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us.